This program is an effort to overcome a history of limited participation by women in careers involving the sciences and mathematics and is focused, therefore, on developing career interests among junior high girls.
Increase young women's interest in mathematics and science.
Foster awareness of career opportunities for women in mathematics and science related fields.
Provide students an opportunity to meet and form personal contacts with women working in traditionally male occupations.
Alleviate isolation of young women who are interested in science and mathematics.
- 8:45-9:15 a.m.
- Check-in, Conference Materials, & Breakfast, NDSU Bentson-Bunker Fieldhouse
- 9:20 a.m.
- Welcome, announcements, & release to morning workshops
- 10 a.m.-12:10 p.m.
- Two morning workshops
- 12:15 p.m.
- Lunch, NDSU Bentson-Bunker Fieldhouse
- 12:50 p.m.
- Announcements & release to afternoon workshops
- 1:15-3:25 p.m.
- Two afternoon workshops
- 3:40 p.m.
- Students may be picked up at NDSU Bentson-Bunker Fieldhouse
Panels / Workshops / Presentations
- ScienceBiology, Zoology, Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics
- TechnologyArchitecture, Robotics, Programming, Mobile Apps
- EngineeringTeam Work, Architecture, Game Programming
- ArtsCommunication, Economics, Social Work
- MathematicsMulti Dimensions, Data
Mentors, Sponsors and Volunteers
We would like to invite you to participate as a workshop leader in the 37th Annual Expanding Your Horizons Conference for 7th-9th grade girls to be held on Saturday, April 9, 2016.Read More >
To continue making an impact on the young women of our community, we need your support. We are requesting that you partner with us on this important event to keep our registration costs minimal while including breakfast, lunch, transportation, and conference materials.Read More >
Each year the Expanding Your Horizons program relies on student, faculty, staff, and community volunteers. Students volunteer to guide participants on campus and give directions to girls between sessions.Read More >